Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Alawadhi, Mona" <ma...@kpmg.com> on 2003/07/30 19:32:19 UTC

Displaying is easy, capturing is not..

Hello Everyone,

I wonder if someone can help me with this problem. I would appreciate any
smart suggestion.

I have a JSP that displays a collection (ValueObject fields) Let's call the
collection ABC - it consists of 6 items. I might have more than one ABC
collections to display. This can be done by setting a Vector which consists
of a number of ABC collections, and simply I can iterate through the Vector
in my JSP and display all the ABC collections I have using textboxes.

When the user tries to change any of those textboxes, I should be able to
capture them. I have one submit button that I am using, and if, for example,
I have two ABC's there, I should be able to capture all 12 items. (note that
I might have 100 ABCs, in which case I have to capture 600 items.)

How can I do that using one submit button?

Thank you in advance,

Mona

is unauthorized.

Re: Displaying is easy, capturing is not..

Posted by atta-ur rehman <at...@numetrics.com>.
Hello Mona,

is ABC is bean that has six properties that you need to show? and then you
have a collection of ABC objects in a List or Vector? if so, you can use the
indexed properties to capture all the changes done on the page.

and yes, usually one submit button is enough for six hundred values!!!

ATTA

*