Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu> on 2002/04/16 22:28:04 UTC

When does Velocity writes to the Writer?

If I have something like this:

schomoo1$my.tool()schomoo2

then is it guaranteed that schomoo1 is written to the Writer before
my.tool is called, and schomoo2 is written to the Writer after my.tool
is called? When I talk about "the Writer" then I mean the Writer what
I have passed as the 2nd argument of Template.merge.

I need to know it because my.tool() wants to use the Writer directly.

Re: When does Velocity writes to the Writer?

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 4/16/02 4:28 PM, "Daniel Dekany" <dd...@freemail.hu> wrote:

> If I have something like this:
>
> schomoo1$my.tool()schomoo2
>
> then is it guaranteed that schomoo1 is written to the Writer before
> my.tool is called, and schomoo2 is written to the Writer after my.tool
> is called? When I talk about "the Writer" then I mean the Writer what
> I have passed as the 2nd argument of Template.merge.

Yes, I think that statement is correct - the writes happen in order.

> I need to know it because my.tool() wants to use the Writer directly.

Good luck!

System and Software Consulting