Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dan Santner <da...@me.com> on 2013/10/17 17:47:06 UTC

any deeper doc for big couch?

I'm running a bigcouch cluster.  It was easy enough to setup but getting info on tuning etc is pretty much impossible from what I can tell.  I have posted to the bigcouch mail list with some success but it's not real active....unlike this one :).

Anyway I need a bit more info on to dig into some issues I'm having but it seems a little opaque.  I have to admit it seems I've had more issues than success running bigcouch.  it was easy to setup but seems much more prone to issues than when I ran a single node....which I guess is obvious.

Anyway sorry to ramble.  I have a strange issue that I posted on the bigcouch mail list and I really don't even understand how the shards work and looking for more in depth information....if anyone knows where to find it.  At a minium I'd like to know some sort of info on what all the dbs/fields in the 5986 admin database are for.

Re: any deeper doc for big couch?

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
There's also;

http://bigcouch.cloudant.com/
https://cloudant.com/blog/dynamo-and-couchdb-clusters/
https://cloudant.com/blog/scaling-couchdb-with-bigcouch/
https://cloudant.com/blog/choosing-zone-configurations-for-bigcouch/

Once the bigcouch->couchdb merge is done we'll need to improve documentation on a bunch of topics.

B.

Posted by Stanley Iriele <si...@gmail.com>.