Posted to cactus-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de> on 2003/04/22 23:34:23 UTC

Problems with containers

Hi Vincent and everyone else who is listening :-)

while implementing and testing the <cactus> task I've been working on,
I've encountered some problems with containers that I've not worked very
much with yet. (On the positive side, the task is now very nicely
working with Tomcat3x, Tomcat4x and Resin2x).

First problem is with Orion. I've tried both 1.6.0b and 2.0.1, but both
have the same problem with the filter redirector. First, as is indicated
in the test web.xml, the filter must be mapped to a "physical" resource.
If that isn't the case, or the resource doesn't exist in the web-app,
Orion returns a "400 Bad Request". If it *is* mapped to an actual,
existing resource, I get "java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted
by peer: socket write error". Weird. Anyone running the filter tests
successfully against Orion?

Second is WebLogic, and is of course more complicated. I'm a complete
newbie to WL, so I feel a bit lost. Should I expect to be able to run
tests against WL-Server 7.0 SP2 out of the box? Obviously, I am not, but
that could easily be an error on my side ;-)

More concretely, the problem I'm seeing is this:
test:
    [cactus] Building jar:
c:\DOKUME~1\chris\LOKALE~1\Temp\cactus\weblogic7x\testdomain\applications\test.war
    [cactus] Starting WebLogic Server...
    [cactus] <22.04.2003 23:04:38 CEST> <Notice> <Management> <140005>
c:\DOKUME~1\chris\LOKALE~1\Temp\cactus\weblogic7x\testdomain\.\config.xml>
    [cactus] <22.04.2003 23:04:39 CEST> <Critical> <WebLogicServer>
<000364> <Server failed during initialization.
Exception:weblogic.management.configuration.ConfigurationException:
Error parsing the configuration file: Version mismatch. have 30,
expected 1 - with nested exception:
    [cactus] [weblogic.security.internal.SerializedSystemIniException:
Version mismatch. have 30, expected 1]
    [cactus] weblogic.security.internal.SerializedSystemIniException:
Version mismatch. have 30, expected 1
    [cactus]     at
weblogic.security.internal.SerializedSystemIni.<init>(SerializedSystemIni.java:117)
    [cactus]     at
weblogic.security.internal.SerializedSystemIni.getEncryptionService(SerializedSystemIni.java:212)
    [cactus]     at
weblogic.management.internal.EncryptedData.getEncryptionService(EncryptedData.java:82)
    [cactus]     at
weblogic.management.internal.EncryptedData.decrypt(EncryptedData.java:44)

It seems that the SerializedSystemIni.dat we provide includes version
information, and WL detects an incompatibility. It seems weird to me
that we're providing a binary, serialized file, as those are generally
very fragile.

WL 6.x doesn't seem to be available for download/evaluation anymore, so
I have absolutely no idea how to test that part of the container
support. Any ideas?

Any input much appreciated, as always :-)

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de

RE: Problems with containers

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Not long ago we were supporting Enhydra and we had scripts for it (for
Enhydra 3.x). Then Enhydra stopped and was out of business and I dropped
the scripts when performing a build refactoring about 2 months ago. I
had seen that Enhydra was rising again with a new open source project on
SF and Enhydra 5 has been released. They even said in the release note
that they were supporting Cactus! Then some time after I looked again
and did not see any further activity. That said, I have just checked and
there is some activity! I was looking at http://enhydra.enhydra.org/ but
this page seems dead. However, looking at
http://debian-sf.objectweb.org/projects/enhydra brings hope as they seem
to have released the some 5.0 final version on 29th of March 2003 and a
5.1beta7 on 17th of April 2003. Not sure why they don't advertise it.

Anyway, I say we drop EnhydraRun for now and we'll resurrect it when/if
we add back support for Enhydra.

Thanks
-Vincent

> Thanks!

> [...]