Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Quinton McCombs <qm...@nequalsone.com> on 2003/03/14 21:57:05 UTC

[OFFTOPIC] Mapping layer

I have a web based application that uses Torque for the persistence
layer.  I also have a new requirement to allow users to define
additional fields on the database.  These additional fields must map
into my existing tables.  They will then be able to query the database
based on these new fields.

Does anyone know of a product that will do some or all of this?

Quinton McCombs
NequalsOne - HealthCare marketing tools
mailto:qmccombs@NequalsOne.com
http://www.NequalsOne.com

Re: [OFFTOPIC] Mapping layer

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
Hi Quinton

> I have a web based application that uses Torque for the persistence
> layer.  I also have a new requirement to allow users to define
> additional fields on the database.  These additional fields must map
> into my existing tables.  They will then be able to query the database
> based on these new fields.

Could you use one or more many-to-many relationships? Would XML make
this easy?

Just some ideas.

Eric