Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by CASAUX Nicolas <ni...@soprasteria.com> on 2023/04/04 14:24:49 UTC

Broker redelivery - NACK and authorization issue

Hello ActiveMQ users,

I have a question regarding ActiveMQ 5.16.x and redelivery of messages.
I set up the broker with the configuration described in paragraph “Broker Redelivery” of page https://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling .

The client “abc” of the broker has a read only access to a queue which is dedicated to him (It’s a queue based on a topic, hence named like “Consumer.abc.VirtualTopic.xxx”).
The issue is that, when the client sends a “NACK” command over Stomp over Websocket, the broker fails saying user “abc” has is not authorized to write to the queue “Consumer.abc.VirtualTopic.xxx”, which is correct.

My question is: is that the expected behaviour ? To be able to use a NACK command, you need to be allowed to write to the queue ?

Thanks in advance for your guidance 😊

Nicolas

C2 – Usage restreint

RE: Broker redelivery - NACK and authorization issue

Posted by CASAUX Nicolas <ni...@soprasteria.com>.
FYI, I reproduced the case with ActiveMQ 5.17.4, I will open a JIRA tomorrow.

Nicolas

C2 – Usage restreint

De : Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com> Envoyé : mardi 4 avril 2023 17:06 À : users@activemq.apache.org Objet : Re: Broker redelivery - NACK and authorization issue

Hi Nicolas-

No, a ’NACK’ should not count as a ‘write’ to the queue. However, we need additional detail (and preferably a reproducible unit test) to confirm it is a bug, or configuration issue.

Please create a JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira), and include your unit test and activemq.xml configuration.

Thanks,
Matt Pavlovich

Posted by CASAUX Nicolas <ni...@soprasteria.com>.