Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by darniz <rn...@edmunds.com> on 2009/11/21 01:42:04 UTC

Embedded solr with third party libraries

Hi
We are having issue running our test cases with third party library for
embedded solr.
For exampel we are using kstem library which is not a part of solr
distirbution. When we run test cases our schema.xml has defintion for lucid
kstem and it throws ClassNotFound Exception.
We declared the depency for the two jars lucid-kstem.jar and
lucid-solr-kstem.jar but still it throws an error.

Till now whenever we have to run embedded solr we manually copy all the
config files like schema.xml, solrConfig.xml to a temp directory which is
considered solr home and its generally under the user home directory which
will copy all config files to user_home/solr/conf/directory. below is the
example

C:\DOCUME~1\username\LOCALS~1\Temp\solr-all\0.8194571792905493\solr\conf\schema.xml

Now in order for the jar to be loaded should i copy the two jars to solr/lib
directory. is that the default location embedded solr looks into for some
default jars.

Any advice.

Re: Embedded solr with third party libraries

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
To deploy the Lucid KStem stemmer, copy these two files:
	lucid-kstem.jar
	lucid-solr-kstem.jar
to the lib/ directory in your running solr instance.

In the <fieldType> declaration for a text field, you would change this line:
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt" />
to this:
        <filter
class="com.lucidimagination.solrworks.analysis.LucidKStemFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>

(Remember that you have to make this change in both the query and
analysis sections of the fieldType specification.)

Now, to verify the change, restart solr and go to the analysis.jsp test page:
http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/analysis.jsp

Let's say you changed the 'text' type and left 'textTight' using
PorterStemmer. Change the Field name/type drop-down to 'type' and type
'text' in the top box. Now type 'changing' in the "Field Value" box
and click 'Analyze'. The bottom of the page will now show that
'changeing' was stemmed to 'change'. If you change the field type from
'text' to 'textTight' and try again, 'changing' will be stemmed to
'chang' by the original PorterStemmer.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Embedded solr with third party libraries