Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Chaudhuri, Hiran" <Hi...@softwareag.com> on 2002/04/22 00:47:43 UTC

Tamino repository

Hi there.

Sorry for just bumping into - I'm new to this list.

Having tried to get James to work on the XML database Tamino I created a
TaminoMailRepository and TaminoSpoolRepository. I'd like to see them in the
distribution one day. Whom should I contact for that?

Also perhaps someone can explain to me why the NNTPRepository has nothing in
common with a MailRepository? From the NNTP and SMTP RFCs I understood that
the data formats have been intended to be similar, so they should go into
the same repository.

Hiran Chaudhuri

Hiran Chaudhuri
SAG Systemhaus GmbH
Elsenheimerstraße 11
80687 München
Germany
Hiran.Chaudhuri@softwareag.com
Phone +49-89-54742-134
Fax   +49-6151-9234-5134

Re: Tamino repository

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
I forget whether I responded before my vacation last week, so here goes
again if so.

Send contributions to the list or to me.  We're in the middle of an
Avalon-upgrade and build process refactoring, so we're not changing code
for the time being, but hopefully soon we can get back to making patches.

The NNTP implementation was done by a different developer that didn't
want to deal with the stability and scalability issues we'd been facing
with the file and db spools, so he rolled his own.  It'd be nice to
bring that code more in-sync with the other code, but for now it's
somewhat independent while existing in the same project.
--
Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/