Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Hristo Kosev <hk...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/22 16:46:31 UTC

Problems inserting a role in TURBINE_ROLE using standard methods

hi guys,
I have some problems trying to creat a role using:
Role.create("some sting");
I get this message:

cannot insert NULL into ("MY_SCHEMA"."TURBINE_ROLE"."ROLE_ID")

It seems that this method is trying to insert a role without using the
TURBINE_ROLE_SEQ sequence(I use Oracle DB) but I'm not quite shure.

I'll appreciate any help I get!

Hristo

Re: Problems inserting a role in TURBINE_ROLE using standard methods

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl>.
Hristo Kosev wrote:
> I have some problems trying to creat a role using:
> Role.create("some sting");
> I get this message:
>
> cannot insert NULL into ("MY_SCHEMA"."TURBINE_ROLE"."ROLE_ID")
>
> It seems that this method is trying to insert a role without using the
> TURBINE_ROLE_SEQ sequence(I use Oracle DB) but I'm not quite shure.
>
> I'll appreciate any help I get!

Hey, you are the one who can help here! I don't have an Oracle DB, so
I won't be able to debug that. At most, I could check if it still works
with MySQL. I'd appreciate if you digged into the issue. You have the
sources, you can put Log.info("debug","blah") statements througout
the code as much as you wish and see how it's actually working.
It can be fun, see for yourself! And when you find the bug, you could,
fix it, send us a patch, and get your name in the CVS logs. How cool
is that?

Heave a nice hunting!

Rafal

--