Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "M.Khaled" <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/11/21 10:41:27 UTC

Urgent

Hi,

  I sent a question to the mailing list and got no answer till now.Could anyone help me?
  My question was about how to send xml as a string by axis client avoiding special character problem.

  Thanks,
  Mohamed.

---------------------------------

Re: Urgent

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
I'm trying to understand the question.

Do you want the XML to be encoded (as a string) or do you want it to be sent
as real XML.

Why do you want it encoded as a string?

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Urgent

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
The server should give the service method the string - as a java.lang.String.
There should be no XML parsing of it.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: Urgent

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Mohamed

What Sietse is trying to explain is this simple idea.

XML is being used as an encoding model to transfer data between the two
parties.
You have the following model -
SOAP Envelope -> SOAP Body -> ScoreLeadRequest -> Lead -> String

and then inside the string you are passing some further XML which is not
"typed" in the schema.
This is equivalent to having a Java Class definition like this:

public class ScoreLeadRequest {
     public Object lead;
}

The more normal and "strongly typed" approach is to define the schema of the
stuff that you are putting in the String.

If you take a strongly typed Java interface and run Java2WSDL on that then
you will get a complete WSDL definition that is also strongly typed.

Paul

On Nov 22, 2007 8:55 AM, <si...@bt.com> wrote:

> Hi Mohamed,
>
> This was not my intend with linking to the articles. It is meant to
> steer you in the direction of strong type programming. The reason for
> this is to create no (or as narrow as possible) space for
> interpretation. I tried to clearly state that in my last mails too.
> Maybe the second article gives you more clarity of what I mean and try
> to say.
>
> I also don't know about the sources, I thought there were some links in
> the article and maybe google can help you.
>
> Regards,
> Sietse
>
> ________________________________

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

RE: Urgent

Posted by si...@bt.com.

RE: Urgent

	wrote:

[...]

	<A> <B> text
	</B> </A>

RE: Urgent

www.wso2.com <http://www.wso2.com/>

________________________________

axis-user-help@ws.apache.org <ma...@ws.apache.org>

	--

<http://www.wso2.com/>

Re: Urgent

Re: Urgent

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Mohamed

> [...]

> > *"Hoda, Nadeem [USA]" < hoda_nadeem@bah.com>* wrote:
> >

> > If it is something very urgent, the easiest way is to base 64 encode the
> > XML and pass the encoded string which is guaranteed to have no special
> > characters.
> >
> > For example (server-side):
> >

> > import org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.util.Base64;

> >  //send this string
> >  String encodedXML = Base64.encode(rawXMLString);
> >

> > Otherwise you can use attachments, but that is not an "urgent" scenario
> > solution.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Nadeem

> > My question was about how to send xml as a string by axis
> > client avoiding special character problem.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mohamed.
> >  ------------------------------
> > Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com