Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/29 17:38:49 UTC

Readme file for all Samples as a detailed index file

Hi,
I have noticed many emails pointing users to the samples that would help
answer their questions. This is an indication that people are not easily
finding the information they need.

How about we update the readme files at the top of the sample directory and
put enough detail under each sample to help people find the right
information.  For example, each sample could have a list of
features/functionality that it covers.
We could also link to this from the user documentation page.

Do you think this would be useful.

Haleh

Re: Readme file for all Samples as a detailed index file

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 4:38 PM, haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have noticed many emails pointing users to the samples that would help
> answer their questions. This is an indication that people are not easily
> finding the information they need.
>
> How about we update the readme files at the top of the sample directory and
> put enough detail under each sample to help people find the right
> information.  For example, each sample could have a list of
> features/functionality that it covers.
> We could also link to this from the user documentation page.
>
> Do you think this would be useful.
>
> Haleh

I think it could be useful. Do you have time to collate the
questions/answers you have seen to date?

Simon