Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Namit Jain <nj...@fb.com> on 2013/01/31 05:23:10 UTC

reduced unit test timings

I have noticed that the time taken to run the unit tests has reduced considerably (it has become nearly half) from the last week or so.
Just wondering, if anyone else has noticed this too.

If yes, does anyone know the root cause of this speedup ?

Thanks,
-namit

Re: reduced unit test timings

Posted by Namit Jain <nj...@fb.com>.
I run tests on a parallel cluster (8 machines).
For that, the test time has gone down from 2:15hours to approx. 1:15

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
I am not sure about half, but