Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wild_oscar <mi...@almeida.at> on 2007/11/19 13:00:55 UTC

Ajax form submit - problem with Struts2 annotations?

I tried following the Ajax tutorial in
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/struts-2-spring-2-jpa-ajax.html ,
adapting it to a test application I already had.

I have a weird behaviour with a form submit:

			<s:form action="user" method="save" >
			    <s:textfield id="id2" name="userid" />
				<s:submit action="user" method="save" theme="ajax"/>
			</s:form>

This code does not trigger the Save method of the UserAction action. If I
add an execute() method, it will trigger this method of the action. (note
that I have tried the s:submit without action and method parameters - they
are already in the action - without any success).

If I remove the "ajax" theme of the submit action, it will execute the save
method.

I use annotations for struts2 actions. Is there any incompatibility between
dojo and annotations?

An s:a link set to the save() method works well. I tried this s:a link:

<s:url id="urlId" action="user" method="save">
					<s:param name="id" value="%{userid}" />
				</s:url>
				<s:a id="xxx" theme="ajax" href="%{urlId}" targets="persons"
notifyTopics="/save">Test</s:a>

Does anyone know why the submit button does not work?

Re: Ajax form submit - problem with Struts2 annotations?

Posted by wild_oscar <mi...@almeida.at>.
On an update to this issue, it seems that the s:submit tag with an ajax theme
does not work when Struts2's action is configured with Annotations.

If I switch action configuration to struts.xml, it will execute the correct
method.

In summary, when I try to execute the save method of my action, I get:

annotated action + ajax theme s:submit - execute
annotated action + ajax theme s:url - save
struts.xml action + ajax theme s:submit - save
struts.xml action + ajax theme s:url - save

Can anyone confirm this bug?