Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Thomas Blatter <Th...@wanadoo.fr> on 2002/06/20 10:15:23 UTC

COM-wrapper: windows SDK has changed...

Hi,

    the guidelines for the COM-wrapper for xerces aren't accurate any more,
the platform SDK layout has changed.

    My question now is, if the change i describe below is in the 'spirit'
of the COM-wrapper.

    I am using VC6/SP5 and applied the Dikumware library fixes except the
last date fix, since that would mean to rebuild the runtime library.

    To be able to use xalan i had to build the COM wrapper for version 1.6
of xerces (and not 1.7).

    Now my change:

    In <stdafx.h> where it says:
//
//   suppress MSXML.H since we duplicate some of the information
//      in xml4com.h
//
    i simply included <msxml.h> nevertheless:

#include <msxml.h>

    And the build went fine.

    The include paths (in VC) had the additional SDK\include directory as
first include path, no other from SDK\* (there aren't many, only two,
opengl and 64bit).

    The only inconsistent (with msxml) behaviour i found until now is a
different handling of the default directory when loading files:

    Where MSDomDoc.Load("personal.xml") loaded, i had to specify the whole
path in xerces XercesDOMDoc.Load("C:\fullpath\personal.xml").

    Kind regards,

    Thomas Blatter