Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Vijay Ramadoss <vr...@nvidia.com> on 2012/05/04 00:39:44 UTC

Cloudstack development environment access

Hi all -

I am new to cloudstack and looking to build a cloud infrastructure integrating with cloudstack. How do I get access to the cloudstack development environment? Also is there a sample code for some of the java api calls that I can look into? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Vijay R

RE: Cloudstack development environment access

Posted by Vijayendra Bhamidipati <vi...@citrix.com>.
Hi Vijay,

You can get started by creating an account on confluence.cloudstack.org.  Then, you can get started off on the basics of cloudstack  at -

http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/dev/101+-+Basics

Within that page, you will find links other pages that describe how you can set up a development environment for cloudstack, build the code, run it and create a cloud.

Do let us know if you have any questions or need help while going through the steps in any of the links.

Regards,
Vijay

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Vijay.

Once you get your cloudstack up, you can use any of the jclouds examples
against it, my favorite being minecraft ;)

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/tree/master/minecraft-compute

-A