Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Maksim Timonin <ti...@apache.org> on 2022/09/02 07:45:59 UTC

Re: [DISCUSSION] IEP-89: PITR

Hi Igniters!

There are some updates for IEP-89 [1]. It proposes to use an incremental
snapshot for PITR.

Incremental snapshots is a lightweight alternative for Ignite full
snapshot. Incremental snapshots are created by a non-blocking Consistent
Cut algorithm, and the incremental snapshot contains a collection of WAL
segments that will be applied to the full snapshot.

IEP contains some open questions:
1. How to handle rebalance data.
2. Whether to force creation of full snapshot after restoring an
incremental snapshot.

Any opinions, questions or comments are welcomed.

Thanks!

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=211884314