Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/03 14:13:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Pivot 1.1 (second try)

All:

The 1.1 release candidate is stable, and the licensing issues found
during the previous vote have been resolved.
http://people.apache.org/~tvolkert/pivot/ holds the release archives
(which were built from the 1.1 branch at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/pivot/branches/1.1/), the
pgp KEYS file, and the RAT reports that were run on the release.  Make
sure to clear your browser cache to get the most recent versions of
these files, as they have recently changed.

In addition, my pgp public code signing key can be found at the MIT
key server (http://pgp.mit.edu/) and The SKS key server
(http://www.pramberger.at/peter/services/keyserver/).

I've smoke tested this release by building the source within the
source artifact and using the binaries contained in the binary
artifact in a sample Pivot application.

Please vote to publish this release:

[  ] +1 Publish
[  ] +0
[  ] -0
[  ] -1 Don't publish (specify why)

Upon a positive majority vote, the results of this vote will be
brought to the Incubator PMC and voted upon there.

Thanks,
-T

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.1 (second try)

Posted by Christopher Brind <br...@brindy.org.uk>.
+1

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.1 (second try)

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
+1

I ran the following tests:
- unpacked source distribution and built install target
- unpacked binary distribution and reviewed directory and BUILD, README, etc. contents
- copied demos/src/pivot/demos/dom/dom_demo.html to unpacked binary lib directory
- copied pivot-demos.jar from compiled source distribution to same
- copied StAX JARs from wtk/lib to same
- removed "-incubating" from JAR names in binary lib directory
- loaded dom_demo.html in Safari and confirmed that the test application loaded and worked properly

This allowed me to verify that the binary release JARs and the compiled source were both working. I also quickly perused Javadoc to look for any obvious issues.

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.1 (second try)

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
This thread will be included in the email that is sent to the general@
list, so for the sake of those to come, I'm including my smoke test
procedure in this thread as well.  Any discussion thereof should be in
the other thread - this is just for record keeping.

* Unpacked all archives (zip and tar.gz, source and binaries) into
distinct folders.
* Verified the md5 and sha1 checksums of all archives
* Verified the pgp signatures of all archives
* Inspected the Javadoc included in the binary release
* Built and ran a suite of proprietary Pivot apps against the binary
JAR files from the command line (DesktopApplicationContext)
* Built the "build", "doc", "dist", and "install" targets from within
the source distribution and verified that the output was correct (by
inspection).
* Looked at the .txt RAT report to make sure that the remaining files
without a license header were acceptable.
* Made sure that my most recent changes are in the new artifacts.

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.1 (second try)

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
+1

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
I will not have the opportunity to look at this until Monday...

Cheers
Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Release Pivot 1.1 (second try)

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1