Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by SebastiĆ£o Carlos Santos <sc...@centershop.com.br> on 2003/08/18 01:15:30 UTC

OJB and Application Server DataSources

 We are in phase of project of the development of an application web and we are thinking seriously about using OJB in this application, however it would like to explain some doubts:

1) - I have some DataSources configured in server.xml, with the intention of they establish connection pools, of my Application Server (Tomcat-4.1.27) to my database server Oracle 9i R2. Is it possible to use these DataSources configured already previously in OJB? If yes an advisable technique is or is it better to leave that OJB takes charge of that? Where do I get specific documentation on the configuration process?

2) - as it is the performance of OJB? Is it better if compared to pure JDBC?

 I thank any help in advance.
 Thank you.

SebastiĆ£o Carlos Santos
Oracle Database Administrator - DBA 8i/9i
Oracle Certified Professional - OCP DBA 8i/9i