Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by harikaried <ed...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/07 12:10:21 UTC

daytrader/daytrader-derby-datasource build error

I've been trying to build daytrader (svn co latest trunk) and it's getting
stuck building the derby-datasource:

Maven version: 2.0.9
Java version: 1.5.0_15
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.9-55.0.2.elsmp" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

[INFO] Building Unnamed -
org.apache.geronimo.daytrader:daytrader-derby-datasource:car:2.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] could not package plugin
Embedded error: Unable to create configuration for deployment
Cound not find parent configuration:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database/2.2-20080527.231944-2/car

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: could not package
plugin
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: could not package
plugin
        at
org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.PackageMojo.execute(PackageMojo.java:205)

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to create
configuration for deployment
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.DeploymentContext.createTempConfiguration(DeploymentContext.java:120)

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: load of
org.apache.geronimo.daytrader/daytrader-derby-datasource/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car
failed
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:327)

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Error
starting configuration gbean
org.apache.geronimo.daytrader/daytrader-derby-datasource/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.load(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:352)

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Cound
not find parent configuration:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/system-database/2.2-20080527.231944-2/car
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.findParentConfigurations(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:367)

Re: daytrader/daytrader-derby-datasource build error

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 7, 2008, at 2:31 PM, harikaried wrote:

> djencks wrote:
>> I would try building geronimo trunk locally, then daytrader.
> Thanks for the tip. I started mvn-installing geronimo trunk, but it
> hit an
> OOM error. So I jumped straight to the plugins/system-database
> directory:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/trunk/plugins/system-database/
>
> That worked after running |mvn install| a couple times, and daytrader
> mvn-installed fine.

Good. To build Geronimo, you need to specify MAVEN_OPTS as described
in http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo.html

I run with the following in my .mavenrc file:

MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m"

--kevan

Re: daytrader/daytrader-derby-datasource build error

Posted by harikaried <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I don't know if the plugins from trunk are in a snapshot repository.
The fact that you got a timestamp version in the missing car seems to
indicate that there are some uploaded snapshots but the date back in
may is very old.  I would try building geronimo trunk locally, then
daytrader.

thanks
david jencks