Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jacob Bager <li...@sur-mokka.dk> on 2004/01/05 09:59:58 UTC

[users@httpd] Making a directory case insensitiv

Hello.

Im having a problem that i hope you guys can help me with..

I have an apache 2.0 installation on a redhat 8.0, i want to make a single
directory NON casesenticive.

Because the files in this directory where originally stored on a Windows
2000 server running MIIS.

Then there wasn't any  problem getting the files. Now that I've moved the
files to redhat. Im 'losing' a lot of files, that I can't find.

Is it possible to make a single folder  non-casesensitive via Apache .. ?

Re: [users@httpd] Making a directory case insensitiv

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
> Jacob Bager wrote:

> I have an apache 2.0 installation on a redhat 8.0, i want to make a
> single directory NON casesenticive…
>
> Because the files in this directory where originally stored on a
> Windows 2000 server running MIIS.
>
> Then there wasn’t any  problem getting the files. Now that I’ve moved
> the files to redhat. Im ‘losing’ a lot of files, that I can’t find.
>
> Is it possible to make a single folder  non-casesensitive via Apache
> .. ?

Check out mod_speling, it will do what you want.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_speling.html

If you only want it to apply to a single directory then put the
"CheckSpelling on" directive inside a <Directory> container.

Brian

Re: [users@httpd] Making a directory case insensitiv

Posted by Milan Reznicek <re...@gytool.cz>.
I think that if you're running on linux than the dir names are case-sensitive every time.

What I use is to convert all the dir and file names to lower-case when migrating to linux.
Milan Reznicek
Software Developer

e-mail:   reznicekm@gytool.cz