Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> on 2005/02/04 19:54:32 UTC

Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t

Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> writes:

> Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> writes:
>
>> I find the 'env' part very unintuitive. What mnemonic you have
>> attached to it? Any chance it can be something else than env?
>> env is confusingly close to environ stuff.
>
> That's what its origins are, but eventually the "_env" will probably
> just go away.  First I want to finish reworking the C APIs
> around Max's module/handle concept.  When that part is done,
> I think that's the time to discuss chucking all the "_env" tags.

Kaboom- the first step is committed, but much still remains
on the C API before we can start working on the perl glue.

Please review the new headers, test the C interfaces, and
let's finalize our goals for the C API.  I don't plan to
work on apreq again for a few days (yesterday my dog Mandy
passed away, and I need some downtime to grieve), so please
kick the tires over the weekend, whittle away at whatever TODO
items need tackling, and otherwise just have fun with it.
I like where the code is going, but we really need to lock
the C interfaces down before we can get back to the perl glue.

Thanks folks!

--
Joe Schaefer

Re: [multi-env] privatizing apreq_request_t and apreq_jar_t

Posted by Max Kellermann <ma...@duempel.org>.
On 2005/02/04 19:54, Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com> wrote:
> Kaboom- the first step is committed, but much still remains on the C
> API before we can start working on the perl glue.

I had a first rough look at your patch. Good work, I think. All tests
succeed on Linux/AMD64/gcc3.4 and FreeBSD5/i386/gcc3.2.

I will have a closer look later, I hope I can take some time to
continue the work.

Max