Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chandresh Turakhia <ch...@bhartitelesoft.com> on 2007/01/19 10:47:18 UTC

Re: Sent you 2 Ofbiz+Ubuntu Live CD'sFw: Trainer, contents & proposal

Dear anil,

It takes 2 months to get approval for software or training even for small amount.  Training is so standard that you have got it 15 years back when you first saw linuz.
10 days for permission to downlaod in large organization :( It is still better than US telecom company.

Smart Rules : Not a penny could be spent on project till Project Pin is generated. It is there where the project needs help before dying - preborth death. Project abortion is well spread across all continents.

Please be request to know what made you think it was "attempt to pollute environment ".  I heard it earlier too. US telecom gave me Million dollar stock , 100 K + salary but made sign papers for every single thing.  Half day goes in that. I started spending 10K from personal money per year on parties to keep warring factor in company happy.  All I wanted was to get my idea accepted . People called it " attempt to pollute environment ".  Most in my company feels I am "attempt to pollute environment " by bringing Open Source.

Getting 5 days standard training for linux was dumb for me. 50 guys wasting 5 days. 50*5 = 250 days . Equal to 1 calendar working man year.

Instead I asked small guy to teach to code; I fell less fool than asking on net. If I code ; rest will .... Even without training.
Nice miz : Ofbiz + Geronimo 2.0 + Linux . IOC and JNDI are not mizing nicely :(. I have some idea which need to get implemented.

Be rest assured I will get help.

I may not want to miss this opportunity to congratulate you because you sound stronger than 200 Billion company executive....  I like attitute. :)

Great Job

Chand
Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chandresh,

>     You might have to guide me as to how to be coding fit in ofbiz. It is honest request.
>
>     Can you tell me how did u set up the development environment on ur linuz box with all SVN to ofbiz server. How you manage to keep local development different from what you are committing to ofbiz. How to develop patches for ofbiz etc.

If you just need to learn setting up the development environment on your
Linux box, setting up Vendor branches for your subversion repositories,
I can step up and help you out. I am not a Ofbiz veteran and won't be of
much help in development of Ofbiz components as I am still learning.
Being a Java developer for 11 years, I can certainly help you other
things you mentioned.

Thanks,

Raj

Re: Sent you 2 Ofbiz+Ubuntu Live CD'sFw: Trainer, contents & proposal

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.
On Friday 19 January 2007 04:06, Gerrie Myburg [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]
wrote:
> attempt to pollute environment = variation of "not invented here"
> syndrome

True enough but organizations must maintain a cohesive internal strategy.
Without policy and strategy an organization has no structure and no ability
to coordinate its actions. When you get messaging that smells like "don't
pollute the environment" then you apparently don't have enough alignment
around you to move the project forward. Embedding OFBiz in an organization at
this early stage of the project will require a signficant amount of trust and
enthusiasm from the other organizational stakeholders. They have to
understand that OFBiz represents strategic competitive advantage and not a
dilution of core competencies. Respecting the concerns and building the
confidence of other people in the organization is critical to a successful
implementation.

Does that make sense?

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com

RE: Sent you 2 Ofbiz+Ubuntu Live CD'sFw: Trainer, contents & proposal

Posted by "Gerrie Myburg [ MTN - Innovation Centre ]" <My...@mtn.co.za>.

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Group disclaimer see http://www.mtn.co.za/default.aspx?pid=34411