Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2018/05/08 13:51:27 UTC

Re: Release Taverna Language?

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 23:34:55 +0100, Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> a) If we always remove trailing "/" as far as Path.toString() is
> concerned, then this simplifies some things, e.g. as JDK9 native, and
> a directory path looks the same even if it has not been created yet
> (isDirectory() will say false if it does not exist).  However it means
> we have to selectively re-add the trailing / in .toURL() and Manifest
> JSON to be compatible with
> https://researchobject.github.io/specifications/bundle/#manifest-bundledAs
> - e.g. a new @JsonProperty, or to get JSON-LD parsing to work with
> base URIs.  In JDK9 this breaks a bit backwards-compatability against
> previous Taverna Language release, but I don't think we have used the
> folder strings too much outside ...?  (famous last words)

For forward-compatibility with JDK9 file system this option is now
committed on taverna-language master:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/compare/97052ae28...71b91b216

So if someone asks a BundleFileSystem (or Path) for folder/ (as
I think taverna-databundle would) then it gets rewritten to /folder in
the Path.toString() - but will be folder/ in the JSON/URI methods .o

So assuming nobody does folderPath + "fred" string concatination of
paths we are safe..  those should always be in style
folderPath.resolve("fred") with java.nio Paths.

We'll let Jenkins check the rest.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://www.esciencelab.org.uk/