Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/31 11:15:23 UTC

Re: Generating a repository.xml for Felix OBR

I started implementing the OSGi Repository service API for Felix OBR
[1]. Currently I'm taking the approach of providing this service as a
façade over the existing OBR functionality. So it's backward
compatible, although I think that for certain things the main OBR code
may need to be enhanced.

If nobody complains I'd like to simply start adding things for this to
felix/trunk/bundlerepository, making sure that the existing tests
don't break. Ok with everyone?

Cheers,

David

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4370

Posted by Ferry Huberts <ma...@hupie.com>.

On 31/01/14 11:50, David Bosschaert wrote:
> On 31 January 2014 10:46, Ferry Huberts <ma...@hupie.com> wrote:

>>> If you're talking about an R5-compliant xml, no I wasn't planning on
>>> providing that, but I am planning to extend the Felix OBR runtime so
>>> that its able to read it. I think to provide the R5-compliant
>>
>> So you're going to provide an OBR index derived from an R5 index?
>> Seems kind of pointless to me, since the OBR format is considered
>> 'deprecated'.
>
> No not quite - I'm planning to provide an OSGi Respository Service
> implementation (OSGi Enterprise Spec chapter 132) in the Felix OBR
> subproject. It should be able to read both the proprietary Felix OBR
> xml as well as the spec-compliant repository xml and will provide an
> instance of the OSGi Repository Service in the service registry...

ah ok, sorry for the confusion :-)

>>> repository.xml people will probably want to use

--
Ferry Huberts

Re: Generating a repository.xml for Felix OBR

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ferry Huberts <ma...@hupie.com>.

--
Ferry Huberts

Re: Generating a repository.xml for Felix OBR

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ferry Huberts <ma...@hupie.com>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
Perfect. Thanks, David

I think this code deserves some love :-)

Regards
Felix

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
Just a quick update on this...

I have added an OSGi spec-compliant Repository Service to OBR. At this
point all the OSGi Repository 1.0 CT tests pass with it.
For more details see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4368
(and sub-issues).

I haven't tried it in anger yet, so it would be great if people start
playing with this :)

Cheers,

David