Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Renato <we...@cienciapura.com.br> on 2002/03/12 13:33:04 UTC

Please advice: Deploy the manager application

Hi all,

I want to deploy the manager application to stop and start different
contexts on a multiple Virtual Host environment.

I don't want my clients to have direct access to it, just the administrator
( I'm thinking to build a wrapper around it, so it will be transparent for
the users to restart their context ).

I did some preliminar tests and I have some questions:

- Would I have to define the manager application for each <Host> ?
- Would I have to mark all contexts as "privileged=true" ?
- Is their a way to list all the applications, or is it limited on a per-
virtual host basis ?

Any other recommendation to make the 'manager' available to users ?

Thanks !!