Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/04/10 08:32:31 UTC

Anyone interested in revamping the Kafka-Connect adapter?

Hi all,

yesterday I have been trying to understand the Kafka-Connect adapter and think I managed to get to a point where I sort of understand it.
However I’m not quite happy with the way it currently works (I think you have to put every item address in a space-separate list also does it use manual polling)

I know Kafka-Connect supports both push and pull types … I think sort of using the new Scraper and it’s trigger strategies makes it a perfect candidate
for changing the connector into a pull-connector. Also do I think we have to provide an alternate way of configuring … I know that one poc of collecting
2600 Items on 200 PLCs was quite a long configuration string ;-)

Anyone interested in taking on the fight? Ideally one with either Scraper knowledge and/or Kafka … I sort of don’t qualify for either of them ;-)

Chris

Re: Anyone interested in revamping the Kafka-Connect adapter?

Posted by Tim Mitsch <t....@pragmaticindustries.de>.
Hey

I'm not so deep in Kafka-Connect - but i would be interested to work on the camel implementation of scraper - i will do a jira issue for that, good point Julian.
But time is quite rare until weekend.

Best
Tim

Am 10.04.19, 10:35 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hi,

    yes, that should be the way to go (also for something like Camel...).
    I have no time to contriobute this week, I can only offer to answer questions... perhaps Tim can say something?

    Julian

    PS.: Oh, we should at least add Jira issues... we have to learn that