Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael McElligott <mi...@liquidplanet.com> on 2004/10/20 19:07:07 UTC

problems with platform org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMysqlDbImpl

Hi everyone,

I'm receiving the warning below when I start jetspeed 2, and there are what appear to be related problems when I attempt to redeploy an application.

[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] problems with platform org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMysqlDbImpl: org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMysqlDbImpl
[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] OJB will use PlatformDefaultImpl instead

When I attempt to redeploy an app (by dropping the war file in jetspeed's /deploy directory) I get messages to the effect that the key for that application already exists, etc.  The error is (and I think it's probably related to some transaction management that goes missing because I'm using PlatformDefaultImpl):

ERROR: Unable to register portlet application, InstantActivist, through the portlet registry: org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerSQLException: SQL failure while insert object data for class org.apache.jetspeed.om.portlet.impl.PortletApplicationDefinitionImpl, PK of the given object is [ id=22], object was org.apache.jetspeed.om.portlet.impl.PortletApplicationDefinitionImpl@1593225, exception message is [Invalid argument value: Duplicate entry 'InstantActivist' for key 2]
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerSQLException: SQL failure while insert object data for class org.apache.jetspeed.om.portlet.impl.PortletApplicationDefinitionImpl, PK of the given object is [ id=22], object was org.apache.jetspeed.om.portlet.impl.PortletApplicationDefinitionImpl@1593225, exception message is [Invalid argument value: Duplicate entry 'InstantActivist' for key 2]

and then:

[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl] ERROR: Rollback on the underlying connection failed

So it seems pretty clear that I actually need to be using the PlatformMysqlDbImpl, but I'm not sure as to what the "problems" in the first warning actually are.  Has anyone seen this before and can you suggest  a fix?

TIA

Mike

Re: problems with platform org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMysqlDbImpl

Posted by Michael McElligott <mi...@liquidplanet.com>.
One update:  I noticed that the conf/jetspeed.properties doesn't pick up the
values defined for j2deployer from my build.properties.  I added the
properties there in jetspeed.properties (should go into override.properties,
I suppose) and that solves the initial deploy problem (which I was also
having).  I'm guessing that the db problems with MySQL will still prevent a
redeploy, as it doesn't seem to be removing the application key
successfully, but I'll test that and let the list know.

Mike