Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Susanne Gladén <su...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 10:52:34 UTC

RC5 testing

Hi,

I just started to test the RC5 relese but I encountered som problems.

1. I downloaded the RC5 source.
2. Imported the project into eclipse
3. maven clean
4. maven install
5. Import Existing Maven Project and choosed only to import
weblogger-webapp and weblogger-web.
   When importing the maven projects I get and error "Could not write
file: weblogger-webapp\.classpath (access denied)" and "Could not
write file: weblogger-web\.classpath (access denied)"

I can edit that file outside of eclipse.

I googled the problem and I found that several wrote that this problem
might be because there is an error in the project

Anyone know?

I run on Windows

/Susanne

Re: RC5 testing

Posted by shelan Perera <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

I was able to build the sources and run the weblog as a Dev run with Jetty.
Following scenarios tested.

1) Creating a user and weblog
2)Creating an entry
3)Adding comments
4)Adding bookmarks.

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If it is easy to generate the Eclipse project files via Maven (and
> everybody who knows Maven seems to know this already) then perhaps I
> should remove them from the source release files.

IMHO it may be good that IDE specific files are not in the source
files.Anyway i did not get any errors while i generate IntellijIdea project
specific file to import the project to IDE.

+1 for the Idea of removing Eclipse project specific files and to maintain
clean source files.

Thanks

--
Shelan Perera