Posted to user@struts.apache.org by john lee <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/08 23:46:15 UTC

tomcat 5.5 migrate to 6.0.16, struts 1.x application not working any more

Hi,

  i installed Tomcat 6.0.16, and move existing application directory from tomcat 5.5 to tomcat 6.6.

  after doing so, then i make the change to server.xml(global) only, add the block of <Context> to reflect the existing/transfered application

   but when i do test, give the error message as following(certainly i rebounce the server)

  The requested resource (Servlet action is not available) is not available,

  when i check catalina.out , it shows the following

  SEVERE: Parsing error processing resource path jndi:/localhost/(my application)/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml...

  any expert can tel me that for migrate tomcat 5.5 to tomcat 6.0, in addition to change global server.xml, what else need to make change? or need to add extra library to make existing application still functional.

  tks in advance

  john

  any expert can tel me why?