Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by arun sirimalla <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/23 21:26:31 UTC

HBase Master not running Exception

I am running mapreduce job to insert the data into HBase, Map phase is
running fine, but when the reducer starts it fails on all nodes except one
node and i notice below error on failed tasks. Out of 12 tasktrackers, one
tasktracker can connect to HBase and insert the data. Class path is set on
all nodes, but unable to figure out whats the root cause.  No issues with
HBase, i can scan the tables.

org/apache/hadoop/hbase/MasterNotRunningException
	at com.netapp.asupdata.configloader.hbase.HbaseConnectionManager.initializeAllConnections(HbaseConnectionManager.java:161)
	at com.netapp.asupdata.configloader.mapreduce.AbstractLoaderReducer.configure(AbstractLoaderReducer.java:112)
	at com.netapp.asupdata.configloader.mapreduce.BackfillLoaderReducer.configure(BackfillLoaderReducer.java:20)
	... 14 more
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException

Thanks
Arun

Re: HBase Master not running Exception

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
More information from the developer would help.

Also take a look at TableMapReduceUtil#initTableReducerJob() and how it is
used in 0.94 code base.

Cheers

Posted by arun sirimalla <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.