Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2012/03/12 17:42:44 UTC

FYI, comments on our board report

Hi Flex PPMC members,

FYI, Jukka (Incubator PMC chair) commented on this month's report [1],
and I have replied, at http://markmail.org/thread/q3syla35m5q3jdwt

Feel free to comment there if needed.

-Bertrand

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2012

Re: FYI, comments on our board report

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/12/12 9:56 AM, "Martin Heidegger" <mh...@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:

> It would be nice thought to get some update as to how the progress on
> the source code is from
> Adobe's side.
I've stopped making predictions on when things will get donated.  Up until a
couple hours ago, I was sure the MXMLC compiler would get donated this week.
Now legal has found a new issue to grind over so it could get delayed.

Mustella is getting delayed by me having to jump off to deal with MXMLC
legal issues.   I am currently removing and replacing fonts and images until
I think I've removed all non-Adobe IP, then legal gets to take another look.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: FYI, comments on our board report

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.
On 13/03/2012 02:17, Igor Costa wrote:
> Bertrand
>

> I'm only wondering and we should let people know, why is taking so long to
> donate the source code base to Apache. We should alert and let them
> know the process and the demand to make that happen, clear as possible.

It is indeed curious how everyone that wants to commit something gets
very quiet... just as if
he/she suddenly gets a lot of work ;)  The compiler and the tests seem
just enormous in volume.

It would be nice thought to get some update as to how the progress on
the source code is from
Adobe's side.

yours
Martin.

Re: FYI, comments on our board report

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Igor,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I'm only wondering and we should let people know, why is taking so long to
> donate the source code base to Apache...

Don't you think Alex and Carol have provided sufficient info as to why
this is taking longer than expected?

I agree that these delays are not good, but I don't think we can do
much about them. Either wait, or rewrite the missing parts.

> ...We should alert and let them
> know the process and the demand to make that happen, clear as possible....

Alert who, and demand to whom?

-Bertrand

Re: FYI, comments on our board report

Posted by Igor Costa <ig...@gmail.com>.
Bertrand

I'm only wondering and we should let people know, why is taking so long to
donate the source code base to Apache. We should alert and let them
know the process and the demand to make that happen, clear as possible.

What you think?

Best Regards
Igor Costa

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Jun Heider <ju...@realeyes.com>.
On Mar 12, 2012, at 10:42 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi Flex PPMC members,
>
> FYI, Jukka (Incubator PMC chair) commented on this month's report [1],
> and I have replied, at http://markmail.org/thread/q3syla35m5q3jdwt
>
> Feel free to comment there if needed.
>
> -Bertrand
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2012

I think between yourself and Alex you answered his comments well, I have no further input. Good comments on some of the inefficiencies you've been dealing with regarding INFRA. Thanks!