Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> on 2003/07/11 12:48:45 UTC

New WebDAV block in CVS

I just committed a new WebDAV block on CVS (my very first block, so
please bear with me if I did any mistake). In its current incarnation
it's a WebDAV Source which is Traversable and Modifiable, we are using
it already in some of our projects and seems to work fine (despite the
Slide Webdav client library being far from perfect).

Usage is straigthforward: just point to
webdav://[host][:port]/[path][?principal=username&password=password] to
get, write and navigate Webdav resources.

This current implementation comes from a joint Orixo effort of S&N and
Pro-netics (different customers, same needs :-)). To give credit where
it belongs, kudos go to Guido Casper of S&N who did the first working
implementation, with us implementing the Traversable part and little
more. Please feel welcome to comment on it: it still needs some work but
we plan to clean it up and do a lot more in the next future, adding more
WebDAV oriented Cocoon components.

Now having a TraversableGenerator might make more sense. :-)

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: New WebDAV block in CVS

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Usage is straigthforward: just point to
>> webdav://[host][:port]/[path][?principal=username&password=password]
>> to get, write and navigate Webdav resources.
>

> RFC 1738 - Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt (sect. 3.1, 5), suggests:
>
> scheme://[user[:password]@]host[:port][/path]
>
> for generic url. This syntax for user and password handling seem to be
> supported in Mozilla as well as IE. The syntax that you use seem to be
> pretty common in webapps. Any ideas about if any of the scheemes is
> preferable to the other?

You are definitely right, and this implementation was was on my todo
list. Wait for it in the upcoming days, if no one is faster than me. :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: New WebDAV block in CVS

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I just committed a new WebDAV block on CVS (my very first block, so
> please bear with me if I did any mistake). In its current incarnation
> it's a WebDAV Source which is Traversable and Modifiable, we are using
> it already in some of our projects and seems to work fine (despite the
> Slide Webdav client library being far from perfect).

Cool indeed!

> Usage is straigthforward: just point to
> webdav://[host][:port]/[path][?principal=username&password=password]
> to get, write and navigate Webdav resources.

RFC 1738 - Uniform Resource Locators (URL)
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt (sect. 3.1, 5), suggests:

scheme://[user[:password]@]host[:port][/path]

for generic url. This syntax for user and password handling seem to be
supported in Mozilla as well as IE. The syntax that you use seem to be
pretty common in webapps. Any ideas about if any of the scheemes is
preferable to the other?

/Daniel

Re: New WebDAV block in CVS

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> I just committed a new WebDAV block on CVS (my very first block, so
> please bear with me if I did any mistake). In its current incarnation
> it's a WebDAV Source which is Traversable and Modifiable, we are using
> it already in some of our projects and seems to work fine (despite the
> Slide Webdav client library being far from perfect).

You may want to put version number into the file name, webdav-client.jar

Thanks,
Vadim