Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Deepak, R." <de...@students.iiit.ac.in> on 2005/03/03 11:44:14 UTC

[users@httpd] index.en-us.xhtml.utf8.ssi

I moved my homepage today from "research.iiit.ac.in" to
"students.iiit.ac.in". I have an index file
<http://students.iiit.ac.in/~deepakr/index.en-us.xhtml.utf8.ssi>. I am
facing these problems now:

1. SSI is not being processed (View the source of the above URI)
2. Requesting the directory does not serve the index file (View
    <http://students.iiit.ac.in/~deepakr/>)

These problems were not present on "research.iiit.ac.in".

I am including ".htaccess" and "httpd.conf". Kindly help me solve the above
problems.
--
Deepak, R. <http://research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/>

Re: [users@httpd] index.en-us.xhtml.utf8.ssi

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:14:14 +0530, Deepak, R.
<de...@students.iiit.ac.in> wrote:
> I moved my homepage today from "research.iiit.ac.in" to
> "students.iiit.ac.in". I have an index file
> <http://students.iiit.ac.in/~deepakr/index.en-us.xhtml.utf8.ssi>. I am
> facing these problems now:
>
> 1. SSI is not being processed (View the source of the above URI)
> 2. Requesting the directory does not serve the index file (View
>     <http://students.iiit.ac.in/~deepakr/>)
>
> These problems were not present on "research.iiit.ac.in".
>
> I am including ".htaccess" and "httpd.conf". Kindly help me solve the above
> problems.

Please don't.  This is not a consulting service where you dump your
config files and ask people to fix them.

For your first problem, see the instructions on activating SSI at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html#configuring
For the second problem, see the DirectoryIndex directive.

Joshua.