Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thierry Danel <th...@danel.org> on 2003/12/26 09:40:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Install apache

Hi,

    I'm a newbie of unix ... and i have a problem :)

    My system is a Debain 3.0 with kernel version 2.4.22. I try to install apache on this with the command apt-get install apache

    Setting up apache (1.3.29.0.1-3) ...
Starting web server: apacheProcessing config directory: /etc/apache/conf.d
 failed
invoke-rc.d: initscript apache, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing apache (--configure):
 apache

    SomeOne can explain me where I can see the error ?

I don't understand, but when I try to install apache with the package : apache_1.3.29.tar.gz

    ./configure
    make
    make install ...

    it's working !!!!

    I prefer to install apache with the apt-get command. Someone can help me ?

Re: [users@httpd] Install apache

Posted by Thierry Danel <th...@danel.org>.
Thanks for your help !!

    I find my problem .... My hostname isn't correct ...

Bests regards
--
Thierry