Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2021/12/18 21:18:19 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.9 (RC0) is available

Please vote on this Apache HBase release candidate, hbase-2.4.9RC0

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.4.9

The tag to be voted on is 2.4.9RC0:

  https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.4.9RC0

This tag currently points to git reference c49f7f63fc.

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.9RC0/

The API compatibility report can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.9RC0/api_compare_2.4.8_to_2.4.9RC0.html

There are no reported compatibility issues.

There are known flaky unit tests, see HBASE-26254.

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1477/

Artifacts were signed with the 0xD5365CCD key which can be found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.9 (RC0) is available

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_301): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_301): ok
 - mvn clean install  -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_301): failed
 - mvn package -P runSmallTests  -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3
* Loaded 1M rows: ok
* Nightly builds look stable

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* xsums/sigs are good
* bin and client-bin tarballs look fine
* apache-rat:check passes
* Can build from source with hadoop.profile=3.0
* Can run a simple pe randomWrite against tarball built from src
* API compat report looks great

- Josh

[RESULT] [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.9 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With 4 binding +1s, including my own, and no 0 or -1 votes, this vote
passes.

Thanks to all who voted on the release candidate!

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.9 (RC0) is available

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Checked sigs and sums: Matched
Rat check: Passed
Built from src: Passed, with AdoptOpenJDK-11.0.11+9
Run UTs: Passed, with AdoptOpenJDK-11.0.11+9 and -PrunSmallTests. I finally
noticed that I should enable HPET for my virtualbox vm...
Standalone cluster test:
- Started a mini cluster with hbase-bin, succeeded
- Skimmed web pages, nothing unusual
- Used LTT tool to load 10000 rows, succeeded
- Started a hbase shell with hbase-client-bin, succeeded
- Run list command, returned the table created in LTT
- Run count on the table created in LTT, returned 10000
- Run disable and drop on the table create in LTT, succeeded
- Run exit, hang for several tens of seconds but finally quited, a bit
strange but not a blocker

Thanks Andrew for the great work!

Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> 于2021年12月19日周日 05:19写道: