Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Minson, John M Mr ARMY GUEST" <jo...@us.army.mil> on 2008/11/19 19:21:04 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap

I'm trying to implement mod_authnz_ldap and get the following error

auth_ldap authorise: User DN not found, ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed

I have tried dozens of combinations of AuthLDAPUrl and AuthLDAPBindDN

Is there anyway to get it to display the 'User DN' its trying to use ?

 apache has logging set to 'debug'

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Minson, John M Mr ARMY GUEST
<jo...@us.army.mil> wrote:
> using 'snoop' I determined that the ldap module is using a uid that looks
> like this
>
> someuser@some.domain
>
> The 'someuser' portion is what is in lDAP .
>
> How do I pass just 'someuser' as the uid ?

That means your user is typing that into the browsers basic auth
prompt.  Apache doesn't have a way to manipulate it before running the
ldap search -- does that full email address match some other attribute
in your LDAP?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Minson, John M Mr ARMY GUEST
<jo...@us.army.mil> wrote:
> I'm trying to implement mod_authnz_ldap and get the following error
>
> auth_ldap authorise: User DN not found, ldap_search_ext_s() for user failed
>
> I have tried dozens of combinations of AuthLDAPUrl and AuthLDAPBindDN
>
> Is there anyway to get it to display the 'User DN' its trying to use ?

If you do an IP trace with wireshark, you'll see the formatted query
being sent to the ldap server.

I would guess that the problem is either:

1) The "attribute" in the AuthLDAPURL doesn't contain the same thing
as what you're feeding into the browser
2) if you added a "filter" to the end of AuthLDAPURL it may be
eliminating your result

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com