Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by 孟靖 <me...@u51.com> on 2017/09/25 04:16:31 UTC

Does async read repair happen when using CL.LOCAL_QUORUM?

Hi, I’ve read the code concerning read_repair when the ReadRepairDecision is GLOBAL with CL = LOCAL_QUORUM in cassandra-2.1.18.

It concerns me that when using CL.LOCAL_QUORUM, there was a if statement:

    `If (blockfor < endpoints.size() && n == endpoints.size())`

Whereas n is the received data from endpoints in local datacenter.

In that case, the async repair runner won’t be created, thus only foreground read repair is possible to happen (when DigestMismatchException is raised) when CL = LOCAL_QUORUM.

Is it true, or am I missing something here?

Btw, the cassandra version is 2.1.18.

Thanks for replying.

________________________________
声明(Declaration):

本邮件含有保密信息,仅限于收件人所用。禁止任何人未经发件人许可以任何形式(包括但不限于部分地泄露、复制或散发)不当地使用本邮件中的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件,谢谢!

This e-mail contains confidential information, which is intended only for the receiver. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it. Thanks!

Re: Does async read repair happen when using CL.LOCAL_QUORUM?

Posted by Lutaya Shafiq Holmes <lu...@gmail.com>.
Let me see

--
Lutaaya Shafiq
Web: www.ronzag.com | info@ronzag.com

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat,
known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of
the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an
understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a
deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." - *Elisabeth
Kubler-Ross*