Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Chris Owens <ch...@live.com.au> on 2014/08/26 07:40:55 UTC

Read Only Repositories

Hey guys,
I'm currently working on a project that requires a read only CMIS repository. I've set the relevant type definition creatable properties however the TCK  tests do not check these before creating folders etc.
I was just wanting to check whether this means I need to support create/update/delete operations in order to be considered 'compliant'?

Thanks,Chris

Re: Read Only Repositories

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

A CMIS repository need not support write operations to be compliant. A read-only
server can be perfectly fine.
However, most of the TCK tests depend on write operations. We can add checks to
the TCK whether the test types are creatable or not, but in your case the
majority of the TCK tests would then be skipped.

- Florian