Posted to users@solr.apache.org by "Rajagopalanaidu, Nithyasri (R.)" <rn...@ford.com> on 2021/09/29 16:41:02 UTC

Metrics Reporting

Hi ,

We have a requirement to build a reporting system to fetch the below list of data.

  1.  Number of search requests.
  2.  Number of unique sessions (unique search session).
  3.  Average Number of search requests per session.
  4.  Sessions converted (When the user clicked on the result).
  5.  Requests converted.
  6.  Conversion rate for requests.
  7.  Conversion monthly breakdown.
  8.  Top keywords and their conversion rates and number of requests.
  9.  Percentage of searches that were done on sections.
  10. List of sections searched.
But the Apache SOLR document mentions only the count of requests. https://solr.apache.org/guide/7_4/metrics-reporting.html#metrics-api
Can you please help us by letting know if this requirement is achievable.

Thanks,
Nithya

Re: Metrics Reporting

Posted by Alessandro Benedetti <a....@sease.io>.
Hi Nithya,
Aside from the first one as already noted, Apache Solr won't give you any
of those stats out of the box.
But you can potentially use Apache Solr as a storage solution for your
Analytics platform and use Solr aggregation capabilities to calculate such
metrics from the data collected (we have done that multiple times)
These should help:
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_9/analytics.html
https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_9/the-stats-component.html

Cheers
Alessandro Benedetti
Apache Lucene/Solr Committer
Director, R&D Software Engineer, Search Consultant

www.sease.io

Re: Metrics Reporting

Posted by Charlie Hull <ch...@opensourceconnections.com>.