Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/10/03 18:24:50 UTC

[ANN] Three Struts Tutorials or Presentations at ApacheCon US 2007 Atlanta GA

Just a reminder that there will be several presentations of direct
interest to Struts developers at ApacheCon US 2007 Atlanta GA,
November 12-16.

 * http://apachecon.com/multi/index.html

Struts Courses (you must pre-register to attend!)

   * Migrating to Ajax (Ted Husted), 12 Nov @10a (five-hour training course)
   * Using Groovy with Struts 2 (Mark Menard), 13 Nov @10a (five-hour
training course)

Struts Presentation

   * Go Light with Apache Struts 2 and REST (Don Brown), 15 Nov
@5:30p (one-hour presentation)

Also of interest (among many others!):

   * Apache Roller and Blogs as a Web Development Platform (Dave
Johnson), 14 Nov @10:30a (one hour presentation)
   * Apache Harmony - Building Java SE in Open source (Geir Magnusson
Jr.), 14 Nov @4:30p (one hour presentation)
   * Comparing Java Web Frameworks (Matt Raible), 15 Nov @9a (one
hour presentation)

If you've been following dev@, you also know that several Struts
committers will be in Atlanta GA for the convention this year.

Hope to see you there!

-Ted.
<http://husted.com/ted/blog/>

Re: [ANN] Three Struts Tutorials or Presentations at ApacheCon US 2007 Atlanta GA

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On 10/3/07, Pavel Sapozhnikov <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ted I actually have two questions
>
> First I decided to TRY to contribute to Struts2 so I already have SVN
> project in my eclipse (MyEclipse) so thats all set so all I want is just
> some actual work to do or TRY to do.

The place to start is the How to Help FAQ, and then the open Jira
tickets. All the development discussions take place on the dev mailing
list.

 * http://struts.apache.org/helping.html

> Second about this ApacheCon...will the power point or pdf slides be
> available after the conference has ended?

I don't believe that the conference folk post them, but I post all of
my training materials at StrutsUniversity.org (once they are ready!).

 * http://www.StrutsUniversity.org/

-- HTH, Ted
<http://www.husted.com/ted/blog/>

Posted by Lionel <li...@art-informatique.com>.
Pavel Sapozhnikov wrote:

> Second about this ApacheCon...will the power point or pdf slides be
> available after the conference has ended?

Comparing Java Web Frameworks  from Matt Raible is already available
http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/ja_sig_comparing_java_web

Re: [ANN] Three Struts Tutorials or Presentations at ApacheCon US 2007 Atlanta GA

Posted by Pavel Sapozhnikov <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted I actually have two questions

First I decided to TRY to contribute to Struts2 so I already have SVN
project in my eclipse (MyEclipse) so thats all set so all I want is just
some actual work to do or TRY to do.

Second about this ApacheCon...will the power point or pdf slides be
available after the conference has ended?

Thanks
Pavel

On 10/3/07, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just a reminder that there will be several presentations of direct
> interest to Struts developers at ApacheCon US 2007 Atlanta GA,
> November 12-16.
>
> * http://apachecon.com/multi/index.html
>
> Struts Courses (you must pre-register to attend!)
>
>    * Migrating to Ajax (Ted Husted), 12 Nov @10a (five-hour training
> course)
>    * Using Groovy with Struts 2 (Mark Menard), 13 Nov @10a (five-hour
> training course)
>
> Struts Presentation
>
>    * Go Light with Apache Struts 2 and REST (Don Brown), 15 Nov
> @5:30p (one-hour presentation)
>
> Also of interest (among many others!):
>
>    * Apache Roller and Blogs as a Web Development Platform (Dave
> Johnson), 14 Nov @10:30a (one hour presentation)
>    * Apache Harmony - Building Java SE in Open source (Geir Magnusson
> Jr.), 14 Nov @4:30p (one hour presentation)
>    * Comparing Java Web Frameworks (Matt Raible), 15 Nov @9a (one
> hour presentation)
>
> If you've been following dev@, you also know that several Struts
> committers will be in Atlanta GA for the convention this year.
>
> Hope to see you there!
>
> -Ted.
> <http://husted.com/ted/blog/>

Pavel Sapozhnikov