Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joffrey Bienvenue <he...@videotron.ca> on 2003/07/18 15:34:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Full DN with LDAP issue

Hello,

Can someone let me know how to configure apache to authenticate using a
full distinguished name through LDAP?

If I use UIDs, I have no problems.   But I am trying to get users to
login such as cn=username, ou=org unit, o=org

I even tried accessing an LDAP object using ldap://ldap_server/cn=user,
ou=org_unit, o=org  at the browser URL  and this worked well.

I also tried by disabling the mod_unique_ID module to no avail.

Can someone direct me on how to achieve this ?

Regards,
Joffrey

Re: [users@httpd] Full DN with LDAP issue

Posted by "John K. Sterling" <jo...@sterls.com>.

yup - that suggestion would not work for you.

>than using a UID (Unique ID).
>
>I am not sure it is possible to do this.  I was able with Netscape
>FastTrack server but can not seem to make it work with apache...

one way to do this is to make sure there is a 'dn' attribute on the user
and simply change the attrib portion of the url from 'sAMAccountName' to
'dn' - then it should do a search for an attribute called 'dn' on the user
and match the passed in user name to that.

sterling

Re: [users@httpd] Full DN with LDAP issue

Posted by Joffrey Bienvenue <he...@videotron.ca>.

Posted by Jason Martens <jm...@cityofevanston.org>.