Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com> on 2013/05/14 17:03:25 UTC

[ACS41] BLOCKER: No SSVM Connectivity

All,

I have encountered an issue with SSVM connectivity which is outlined in ticket CLOUDSTACK-2479.  Essentially, the SSVM is being created, but the management server is unable to connect to it.  Additionally, I am unable to SSH to it on the link-local interface.  I have outlined the environment and reproduction steps in the ticket.  t am also attaching the Marvin configuration I used to define the entire zone (including the networking and secondary storage).  This configuration is a known good that has worked without issue on previous 4.1 builds.

Thanks,
-John

Re: [ACS41] BLOCKER: No SSVM Connectivity

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:03:25AM -0400, John Burwell wrote:
> All,
>
> I have encountered an issue with SSVM connectivity which is outlined in ticket CLOUDSTACK-2479.  Essentially, the SSVM is being created, but the management server is unable to connect to it.  Additionally, I am unable to SSH to it on the link-local interface.  I have outlined the environment and reproduction steps in the ticket.  t am also attaching the Marvin configuration I used to define the entire zone (including the networking and secondary storage).  This configuration is a known good that has worked without issue on previous 4.1 builds.
>
> Thanks,
> -John

I was just talking with John on IRC about this.

Two questions:

Is the systemvm mvn build target actually functional in 4.1.0?  The
documentation that we have for the release reference the 3.x system VM
template downloads, and even the IPv6 experimental system vm templates
are built sort of our of band from the 4.1.0 code.

If the above is true, should we resolve this bug or downgrade it?

John mentioned that this build approach *was* working previously.

Thoughts?

-chip

Re: [ACS41] BLOCKER: No SSVM Connectivity

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 11:03:25AM -0400, John Burwell wrote:
> All,
>
> I have encountered an issue with SSVM connectivity which is outlined in ticket CLOUDSTACK-2479.  Essentially, the SSVM is being created, but the management server is unable to connect to it.  Additionally, I am unable to SSH to it on the link-local interface.  I have outlined the environment and reproduction steps in the ticket.  t am also attaching the Marvin configuration I used to define the entire zone (including the networking and secondary storage).  This configuration is a known good that has worked without issue on previous 4.1 builds.
>
> Thanks,
> -John

John used the installation guide and had the same results as last time.
Anyone willing to help?