Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alex Schearer <vc...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 19:02:14 UTC

Apache, Subversion and OS X

Hi, I've followed several sets of directions to install Subversion
(for example, http://developer.apple.com/tools/subversionxcode.html),
but after installing it I cannot start Apache.  Subversion seems to
be working, I was able to create a local repository and use it.  The
error I get when starting Apache is:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
_dav_register_provider
   Referenced from: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _dav_register_provider
   Referenced from: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
   Expected in: flat namespace

/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl: line 102: 18531 Trace/BPT
trap          $HTTPD -k $ARGV

If I disable Subversion in the httpd.conf file then Apache will start/
stop once more.  I hope that is enough information to work with, if
you can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks a lot, Alex.

Re: Apache, Subversion and OS X

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jul 19, 2006, at 21:02, Alex Schearer wrote:

> Hi, I've followed several sets of directions to install Subversion
> (for example, http://developer.apple.com/tools/
> subversionxcode.html), but after installing it I cannot start
> Apache.  Subversion seems to be working, I was able to create a
> local repository and use it.  The error I get when starting Apache is:
>
> dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
> _dav_register_provider
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
>   Expected in: flat namespace
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _dav_register_provider
>   Referenced from: /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dav_svn.so
>   Expected in: flat namespace
>
> /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl: line 102: 18531 Trace/BPT
> trap          $HTTPD -k $ARGV
>
> If I disable Subversion in the httpd.conf file then Apache will
> start/stop once more.  I hope that is enough information to work
> with, if you can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks a lot,
> Alex.

You must be missing this line in your httpd.conf:

LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so