Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pedro <ps...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/12 07:49:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Server redirects not working as expected

Hi all,

My Configuration consists of an Apache 2.0 front-end and Tomcat 5.5.20
backend, I use mod_proxy with mod_rewrite to reverse proxy. We have
configured 'sticky sessions' using a rewrite rule, this configuration is
soon to be replaced though with Apache 2.2 and the mod_proxy_balancer.

The problem we are having is with redirects, for example after a form
posts and an explicit redirect is invoked, such as  sendRedirect(URL)
(from HttpServletResponse), the URL returned points to the backend
Tomcat server instead of the front-end Apache server, despite the URL
being a relative path.  In other words: redirect to MyApp/HomePage.html
should be : https://ApacheFrontEnd/myApp/HomePage.html but instead
returns: http://TomcatBackEnd:8080/MyApp/HomePage.html

I have tested the cookie and it is set correctly, as too is the JVMRoute
parameter in Tomcat. This occurs notably only with server redirects...
all other links work okay.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Peter