Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by HARSH PATHAK <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/21 22:30:55 UTC

GSOC: AVSR in Apache Apex

Respected community,
I have shared this draft of my projects proposal at GSOC. Have look at it
and comment for changes if any.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14mY5ZAJu_x0Pkf5BY2VrdPuxJce_Bgl4fp3Q4XASaZw/edit?usp=docslist_api

Re: GSOC: AVSR in Apache Apex

Posted by Priyanka Gugale <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Good. So you or anyone from Apex community would like to mentor this
project? I would take care of rest of the things.

-Priyanka
On Mar 23, 2016 5:29 PM, "Atri Sharma" <at...@gmail.com> wrote:

1) You need to write to IPMC, not Google, for being a mentor. ASF will take
your name as a mentor for ASF.
2) Yes, we can definitely select the project we wish to mentor. Note that
ASF primarily encourages podlings to participate in GSoC through the ASF
community, so you will be able to mentor a chosen project in Apex, just
under the ASF umbrella.

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: GSOC: AVSR in Apache Apex

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hi Atri,
>
> I have couple of questions,
> 1. Now as mentor deadlines are over, we can't provide our ideas as project
> to any students right?
> 2. If IPMC assigns one of us as mentor, can we choose which projects we can
> guide? I assume mentors who doesn't have any idea associated with his name
> could be asked to mentor any possible project as per his skill sets, isn't
> this right?
>
> -Priyanka
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 4:44 PM, HARSH PATHAK <ha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Respected Community,
> > I have updated my GSOC Project Proposal Link
> > <
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/14mY5ZAJu_x0Pkf5BY2VrdPuxJce_Bgl4fp3Q4XASaZw/edit?usp=docslist_api
> > >
> > as per your all guidelines.I am thank full for that, shall I mention more
> > about DAG and Windowing as those are key components of Apex.Or it will be
> > too lengthy.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Harsh Pathak
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 1:41 PM, Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > That is not technically correct, I suggest one member of the community
> > > immediately ack to IPMC for signing up as a mentor since ASF is
> selected
> > in
> > > GSoC
> > >
> > > On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Priyanka Gugale <
> > priyanka@datatorrent.com

> and
> > > then
> e.g.