Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mark W. Webb" <ma...@dolphtech.com> on 2003/04/01 15:26:00 UTC

which connector to use in order to get client cert

Is there a way to have a servlet get the client certificate that was
used to connect to apache?

I have tomcat 4.1.24 running as the backend to apache 2.0.44.  Clients
set up a mutually authenticated SSL connection to apache, and all
servlet requests get forwarded to tomcat.  What connector should I use
in order to allow the forwarding of not only the servlet request, but
also the certificate so that the servlet can identify the user?

thank you.