Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Saar Carmi <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/14 23:06:50 UTC

Average term position

I hope someone could give me some direction on what to read in order to
implement the following:

Given a query and a term, how could I calculate the average position of the
term within every document in the resultset and return that average?

I am looking for the fastest (performance wise) solution and willing to
extend the solr functionality if needed

Following that, I would need to calculate the average position of a term
across all documents in the query resultset. With that, I do not need to
return the documents themselves to the client - just the average term
position.

Thanks

Saar