Posted to user@crunch.apache.org by Aviv Cohn <av...@yahoo.com> on 2015/07/05 01:41:30 UTC

What dependencies do I need to download for Crunch to work?

Hello everyone, beginner question here.
I download crunch-core from the Maven repository, added it as a module in my Intellij Idea project, wrote some code and tried to run it.
I ran into a NoClassDefFountError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory. I assume this means I need another JAR that has this class.
Three questions please:
1- Do I need to download additional JARs separately for Crunch to work? Or did I do something wrong?
2- If so, is this normal for open-source projects? (New to using open source projects).
3- If so, is there a list of the additional dependencies needed for Crunch to work?
Thank you very much,Aviv

Re: What dependencies do I need to download for Crunch to work?

Posted by Josh Wills <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Aviv,

I recommend using the Getting Started Guide to create your first project:
http://crunch.apache.org/getting-started.html

In particular, since Crunch is a library, it's unusual to download the
project and use it directly vs. creating a new Maven project (e.g., from
Crunch's Maven archetype, as described in the guide) and letting Maven
manage downloading all of the dependencies that Crunch (and any other
libraries that you use) depend on.