Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by la...@marinepower.com on 2004/05/12 15:21:39 UTC

Upload Widget and multiple user

Dear Members,

Does anyone know what happen if 2 user simultaneously upload a file called
by example : blabla.txt but with a different content

What will happen in my flowscript ? Can I be sure that the correct file
will follow the correct user ?

Thx for the info

Laurent

Re: Upload Widget and multiple user

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 12.05.2004 15:21, laurent_rorive@marinepower.com wrote:

> Dear Members,
>
> Does anyone know what happen if 2 user simultaneously upload a file called
> by example : blabla.txt but with a different content
>
> What will happen in my flowscript ? Can I be sure that the correct file
> will follow the correct user ?

That should be not an issue of the flowscript. The flowscript must be
threadsafe, otherwise it would not be usable in the Cocoon environment.

But it might be an issue of the upload component. I don't know in which
way you handle the upload, but at least in theory it could be that the
second upload overwrites the first one. Both threads executing
flowscript would read the same file.

Joerg