Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by di...@covalent.net on 2002/07/13 02:24:38 UTC

Re: German translation (fwd)

Nice work !

Dw.
--
Dirk-Willem van Gulik

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 02:20:30 +0200
From: "Astrid [ISO-8859-1] Ke�ler" <ke...@kess-net.de>
To: Joshua Slive <do...@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: German translation

On 11 Jul 2002, you wrote in internal.mailingliste.apache.httpd.docs:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Astrid Kessler wrote:
>> All other manual pages have to be converted to xml before doing the
>> translation. I suggested a corresponding manualpage.dtd, but up to
>> now its not official.
>
> Astrid, would you mind reposting that one more time with a very brief
> summary of what it is and what it is for.  I've been away for a few
> weeks, but I'm pretty much ready to commit this stuff.  I'd just like
> everybody to have one last opportunity to look at it.

Well, attached you'll find the manualpage.dtd and common.dtd.

Based on a discussion about the german translation of the apache 2
manual, where we decided to do the whole translation on xml-files, we
need a DTD for all manual documents, not only module descriptions.

The existing modulesynopsis.dtd is very specialized and does not fit for
the other documents. So I created a second DTD for those other docs, the
manualpage.dtd.

This DTD is similar to the modulesynopsis. Some differences depend on
the differnt document structure. manualpage.dtd contains all elements
different or not part of modulesynopsis.dtd. common.dtd contains all
elements, which are part of both DTDs.

The aim is to have at least the whole manual converted to xml, get an
unique document structure, make it easy to generate the html pages or
other output formats, and to free documentation and translation work
from 'html-ing'.

Kess